THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
When you register for an ogO account, we may ask for your name, a password, phone number and access to your facebook contacts. A copy of the phone numbers and names in your address book (but not emails, notes or any other Personal Information in your address book) will be stored on our servers and will only be used to:
- Notify you when your contacts become active on ogO.
- Indicate which of your contacts is already an ogO user.
- Correctly display the name of each contact as it appears in your address book when a call is received.
The copy of your address book (names and phones) is stored on a live database. This database does not have a "historical backup". If you delete the address book from our servers, it will be deleted instantly and permanently.
Your phone number will be used for identification purposes as your ogO user ID.
Since ogO users may add your ogO number to their address book and see that you registered to ogO, we do not consider the fact that your ogO number exists on ogO as private information. You may also provide additional information such as a profile picture, gender and birth month and day.
Audio and Video (if available) calls by users are transmitted either directly from user to user or, if direct transmission is not possible (due to, for example, firewalls), ogO servers are used to transmit the call.
We collect information or other content that you may post using our Services (such as text, photos, videos) or actions that you take using our Services. When you post things like photos or videos on our Services, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video. However, we do not store those information in our server once those are delivered to destinations. Our server keeps logs of those actions for future analysis and for issue resolutions as well as service improvements.
We receive information when you choose to connect social media or other third party accounts and applications with your ogO account, including a token to authenticate your identity between these accounts. However, no password or authentication token is stored in our servers once the connection is established.
ogO allows you to attach your location information to messages you send to other users. If you choose to share your location with a specific user or group of users, your location will be retrieved from your device and sent to ogO. ogO will only use this location for this particular purpose and delete it from its servers once the message is delivered. For the avoidance of doubt, ogO will not share your location information and will not use it for any purpose except the one specifically requested by you.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use this information for the purposes described below:
- To provide our Services or information you request.
- To personalize, improve, and promote our Services, such as providing content or features and to monitor and analyze usage and trends.
- To help you to find and connect with your friends, including inviting them to use our Services, and to help your friends find you.
- To communicate with you through messages and/or notices posted on our Services, and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications.
Examples of these messages include:
- (1) welcome and engagement messages;
- (2) a text message to enable you to verify your telephone number;
- (3) service-related messages such as notifications, confirmations, updates, and security alerts; and
- (4) promotional messages (user can opt out of this feature)
- We will also communicate with you to provide customer service and for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE
We do not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information (such as mobile phone number) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with trusted third party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain the ogO Service.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law, or legal process served on us
- protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements)
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Service or members of the public
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will delete such information.
We will take every reasonable measure to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and modify certain profile information or delete content you have posted through our Services. You can either temporarily disable or permanently delete your account through our Services.
If you disable your account, we log you out of your account and cease sending you push notifications, but we will save your information in case you later decide to reactivate your account. Your profile and content will still be visible by other users.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY